Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our first family camping adventure!

Tony and I love camping! However, the past two summers have not involved any camping fun. Two summers ago, we were building our family by preparing to travel to China to bring home Nora. Last summer we were building our family by preparing to travel to Ethiopia to bring home Ruby and Elizabeth. THIS summer, we are having fun and enjoying life with our newly-expanded family -- although we still miss our grown-up sons and daughter-in law and wish they were with us! So.....this weekend was our first camping trip with the girls, and it was a huge success! We camped at Melvern Lake in Kansas. It was beautiful, and we all had a great time! Here are a few pictures!

P.S. In case you're wondering... We don't have a camper. Yes, we camp in a tent (all five of us in the same tent, plus we have a play tent -- it's pink)!And we don't have a boat. Still, we found plenty of other ways to entertain ourselves, although it would be nice at some point to have a boat. Yes, it was almost 90 degrees during the afternoon, and no we didn't melt -- but it was pretty warm!

P.P. S. You would not believe the amount of dirt and sand I washed off the girls in the shower tonight. I think I will continue to get sand out of their hair for the next week! But, oh well, they had fun.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Now those are the days your girls are going to always remember! Looks like such fun!!! BTW... will I see you at the reunion????

Rebecca said...

Oh man...I can just SEE the sand in your tub!! I can never get over how dirty we seem to be when we camp...never feels like it til we're on the way home!
That pic of the girls in the goggles is priceless...what munchkins!
I'm so glad you all had a good time. We're going to venture out and try camping this summer too. First time with Ava and Big Gus. Pray for me, will ya? :)

Lisa said...

Becky....Iran and I loved the pictures!! What fun. Those little girls are just precious...we loved the picture of them with their swimming goggles :)
That was so funny what Tony wrote on our blog...of course we will try to get a swan and invite you up for dinner!! We'll learn some interesting new dishes to cook for you and it sure will not be octopus (msp?)

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Oh, I love these pictures! Looks like you had a fantastic time. I love the one with Tony and all the girls fishing. We should ALL definitely take a camping trip together. Tony & Greg could take the girls and boys fishing and you & I could lay out and sun bath. What a great time we would have!!