Friday, May 8, 2009

Last Kiss

As I just finished giving each of my daughters their last kiss of the night -- while they were sleeping -- all I can think is that I AM SO BLESSED. I am so blessed in so many ways -- by what God has given me in my husband, our sons, our daughters, our family, our home, and so many things.

Tony is in New Hampshire right now for our brother, Billy's, memorial service. We loved Bill so very much, and he is gone from us now. He will not get to watch his son, Kyle (age 9), grow up. His wife, Pam, will not get to share everything Kyle does and learns with Bill. Pam will miss out on growing old with the man she has loved for so long. Bill was one of the most unique, loving, honest, true, devoted, and personable people I have ever known. Although I'm not there in person today to pay my respects to his memory, I'm there in heart. I hope Bill knows that his nieces are the reason I'm not there, and that he has a permanent place in my heart.

We all loved you Billy, and we will continue to love you forever. You left us way, way too soon.

No comments: