Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm sprouting!

This is so fun -- and tasty too! My sister-in-law, Katie, has turned me on to sprouting! So far I've sprouted broccoli, alfalfa, and mung beans. And since I've been eating a lot of salads, they're especially good to have around. However, in addition to having them on salads, I'm now addicted to sprout sandwiches. Seriously, this is so fun, simple, and quick (sprouts in about five days) to do that I think everyone should try it. Plus it's a great science experiment for the kids!

4 comments:

Shaun said...

I sprout too! I had a brief moment where I went raw. I was introduced to sprouts then and now I am hooked. We particularly love broccoli sprouts.

Rebecca said...

Oh yeah! Someone else who sprouts! Shaun, can you share any recipes you use sprouts in? Today for lunch I had a broccoli sprout salad with grapes, avacados, radishes, and cucumbers. I'm sure they're good in wraps too. I've order the French Garden Sprout seeds from Sproutpeople.com and am anxious to try those too.

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Ok, you'll have to bring all this info on how to "spout" when you come visit Thursday. I can't wait!!

Shaun said...

Rebecca,
If you bake, sprout and seed bread is delicious. We alos love sprout sandwiches with seed spread. My husband loves stir-fried sprouts over brown rice.