Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Camping, Fishing, Swimming, and Other Fun Stuff

Laura and Isaiah just left a couple of hours ago, and I'm already missing them terribly! We had such a great time together. The first night we did a little yard camping. We were even joined by Pa and Granny (who didn't sleep too well on the leaking air mattress I provided for them). We also cooked hot dogs and roasted marshmallows over the fire pit, but I didn't get any pics of that due to the craziness!The second day we went fishing, and everyone got to catch a fish! Pa and Granny also joined us for fishing and even dug up the worms. Granny baited most of the hooks. Ever been fishing with four kids age five and under?
Then the next day Summer joined us. I now know that in a pinch I can fit FIVE car seats in my van! Summer went swimming with us at the community center and spent the night. My brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came over. They had been sick and worked all day and still made it over to see everyone. All of those pics are on Laura's camera, so I don't have one to include!
All in all, we just had a fabulous time! And now my sis has gone back home to San Diego, and I'm missing her terribly. But I'm glad we are able to get together as often as we do and that our kids know their cousins, aunts, and uncles.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sick!!! You do realize that fish swim in their own poop, right?!?
Haha...you knew that I would have something to say about it! It looks like you all had such a great time! It's finally getting warm enough (and stopped raining hallelujah) that we're going to steal your idea and have a sleep-out outside! I just wonder who's going to cry "uncle" first...
P.S. I love the new up-do...you have to give lessons in Dallas...you are coming, right?!?