Thursday, May 7, 2009

Talking about babies...

Today I told the girls that Samantha and Derrek (my son and daughter-in-law) are having a baby. They were VERY excited, and the news sparked lots of conversation. They wanted to know how the baby got in Sam's tummy, how it got out, and when it is coming out. Then Nora proceeded to tell me that she wants to adopt a baby from Ethiopia when she grows up, and Ruby stated very, very firmly that she is definitely not going to adopt a baby. Nope, she says she's going to grow a baby in her tummy, and it's going to be Chinese! "Mommy, I want to grow a Chinese baby in my tummy." Elizabeth didn't weigh in on the matter. My funny girls!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh that is rich! Who knows what all of our grandkids will end up looking like! I love it! How did you answer how "it got in there?" Heehee.
Soccer looks great...I'm already waiting for Ava to get old enough to play. The girls look so "cool" with all their soccer gear on!
Um, the bunions I don't know anything about. And, we're getting better, not older.
You left out that your brother is a hottie when you mentioned all of his traits. :) Sounds like a great guy...aren't brothers great!?!? Man, I just reread that and I really am turning into a cougar!! Ha!
We are so very definitely going to the reunion. Already have our tickets. Ick. That was really expensive. Last year was so awesome that we wouldn't miss it. PLEASE say that you're coming. PLEASE!!!
I'm going to stop now because your next post had a dead thing in it. With Tony. And he was smiling. Poor, poor turkey. :)

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Oh, that is too funny. SO, I'm curious...what kind of answers did you give to the much dreaded questions....?? lol