Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sushi + Wine + Air Mattress = Pain

Yesterday afternoon the girls went to Dad and Beth's house to spend the night. Woo hoo! Mommy and Daddy get the night off! I get to go on a date with my handsome hubby! I took extra time with my hair and make-up and even put on perfume. We had a glass of really good wine, then went out for some awesome sushi, then came home and had some music, dessert wine with chocolate, and a fire in the fireplace.

Sounds really romantic, right? Well, I thought so, so I decided we should blow up the air mattress and sleep in the living room in front of the fire. Ambiance, you know? So, I went upstairs and got the air mattress and pump, and then fell down the stairs -- end of romance. We slept (yes, slept) on the air mattress for a couple of hours and were miserably uncomfortable (and cold once the fire went out) and then got up and went to our bed where I stayed awake all night (and kept Tony awake too with my tossing and turning) because my foot hurt like crazy.

Then, if that's not enough non-romance, we spent the morning going to the emergency room to have my foot x-rayed. It's not broken, but I have a sprained big toe that is black and blue and feels like a dump truck ran over it. The pain meds are nice though.

Our anniversary is next weekend, so maybe we can try the "romantic evening" again -- only this time without the air mattress.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Snicker. Sorry. Snort. Sorry. Why do those things always look so easy on tv?!?!
Glad your foot isn't broken. That stinks that it's sprained. Get it better before next weekend!! :)_

Kristine said...

Oh my goodness! Sorry that is funny...That is real life for ya...
I've never tried the air matress thing :)
Hope you feel better!

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

OH, my gosh, girl!! You poor thing. I saw you in something like a that a few years ago when you hurt your foot. That's what makes real life interesting, though, huh.. At least, you had a nice "first part" of the evening.

ellerbee eight said...

I am so sorry. Sorry that I am laughing so hard that I nearly fell out of my chair. Sorry that we are all getting so old that we can't even "celebrate" without ending up in the ER. Geez. Remember the days when it was easy to "celebrate" your anniversary? Best of luck on the repeat date! You may want to wear a helmet.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope you are up and running around after those girls soon! Feel better!