Friday, January 30, 2009

Calling all armchair psychologists!

I'm in a hurry. I have to run into a store to pick up a few things, but when I turn into the parking lot my back tire gets stuck on a curb, and no matter how hard I pedal I can't seem to get past it. I finally have to get off and move my tricycle over and then get on and go again. Finally, I make it into the store. There's a very sharply dressed lady staring at me (I am definitely NOT sharply dressed). I get my things and then exit the upscale store I'm in -- with the lady still looking at me. I'm starting to get angry, but I keep my head down as I head out to my transportation and hook the shopping bag over the handlebars. Who is she to look at me like that? What...does she think she's better than me just because I ride a tricycle? I keep thinking about how far I have to go and the fact that it's going to be dark soon and that the girls will need dinner. I get on and then look up. And who is next to me? The very sharply dressed lady...on HER tricycle. We smile at each other and cruise out of the parking lot. She turns right to head up a hill towards her destination, and I cross six lanes of traffic to get to the opposite sidewalk and then start sailing down a big hill really fast (thinking maybe I will make it home before dark), which feels great. Then I wake up!

Any ideas? Am I mentally unstable? Or do I just have some sort of inferiority complex?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are crazy! You don't need me to tell you that - lol.
Maybe you need a vacation? We booked a Disney cruise for the fall, you should come! ;-)

Calmil2 said...

That was very funny! Thank you :) Harmony

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Are you serious! Did you really dream this?? I bet the psychologists would just LOVE to hear this one and try and analyze it. Girl, you definitely need a little vacation. Maybe we should plan that weekend trip to see you a little sooner than we planned. At least, you'll have some other adult distractions and support. That's just too funny.