Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Handwriting Without Tears -- Thanks Celeste!

Thanks, Celeste, for the GREAT tip! We got our new letter pieces in the mail today, and they're a huge hit with the girls!

For those who haven't heard of this, a set consists of several wooden long and short lines and several small and large curves. With these pieces, you can make any of the upper case letters of the alphabet! What a great learning tool. I didn't actually buy the "Handwriting Without Tears" brand. I found a guy on eBay who makes these by hand and sells them for quite a bit less. The quality is great, and they seem very sturdy! I bought two sets since I have three sets of little hands making letters. Thanks again Celeste! You called me for my thoughts, and I got lots of your ideas too!

2 comments:

Calmil2 said...

This is a great program!! I am an occupational therapist and have used it to teach handwriting. I also make handwriting DVDs that are great for kids too, our website is www.steps4kids.com, just thought I would share. I follow your blog because we are hoping to adopt soon (ish). Harmony

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

What a great idea! Don't you just love eBay.