Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Scavenger Hunt = Controlled Chaos

The girls had a GREAT time today on a scavenger hunt! I used squares of paper and markers and put a letter, number, or shape on each one. I had them hide their eyes while I taped them up all over the house. Then I gave each of the girls a list of which ones they needed to find and sent them off! Whenever they found one they brought it to me and told me the letter, number, or shape (or asked me if they needed help), and then I circled it on their list. At the end the older girls spelled their names with their letters (Elizabeth can't spell her name yet). They were absolutely squealing with delight. They had so much fun that we did it a second time (and then Mommy was done).




5 comments:

Lisa said...

You are so creative! Fun fun!

Kristine said...

My goodness, butterflies & scavenger hunts, how do you think of these things? I am lucky to get us both dressed and fed something edible. :-)

You should write a book!

Amy said...

I agree with Kristine. That is such a great idea. My kids are getting MAJOR cabin fever so I will have to try the scavenger hunt.

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

That's very clever. I'm trying to think of what to do on their day off on Monday. Wish me luck! I think boys are a little more challenging...ha! Especially when all they want to do is wrestle and play power rangers and jump around. Wears mommy out!!

Linsey said...

You are such a good Mommy! And super creative.... I think you are going to be my role model for things to do with Daniel