Friday, January 30, 2009

Rebecca,

Tomorrow will be our fifth anniversary. You are the most remarkable woman that I have ever met … and … the most beautiful woman that I will ever meet. How lucky I am that you chose to share your life with me.

We became friends quickly when we met and then dated for a mere 5 months before I asked you to become my wife. It was so easy to make that choice about you in such a short time … I knew what I wanted in my life … that you were perfect for me, and that I loved absolutely everything about you. I’m so glad that we rushed into things.

When we met, you had a business career well under way. I have no doubt that you could have taken that career in various directions with great success because of your intelligence, your charm, your warm way with people, and your determination to do things the right way.

Now, 5 years later, with our boys having turned into young men, we have 3 girls together that are under the age of 5. So you made the unselfish decision to put a hold on your career and devote yourself to raising our three daughters. I will always be grateful for that … and so will our girls when they are older and can have an appreciation for the choices involved. I am also grateful that I have been able to watch you become a Mom again. You are so good at it and it seems to come naturally to you.

My life with you has been such an adventure and it doesn’t seem possible that we have only been married for 5 years. I love you more than words can express. My heart will always belong to you and I will never stop trying to make your life as wonderful as possible.

-Tony

8 comments:

Lori S said...

Ahhhh!

Happy Anniversary!

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Tony, That is absolutely beautiful! What wonderful things to say about Rebecca. She IS a wonderful person. And so are you. You both are so lucky to have each other and are so perfect for one another. Happy Anniversary. I can't believe it's been 5 years already. Are we going to try for another romantic adventure?....heh heh... Love you both!

Lisa said...

That's it.. WHERE the heck did she find you and WHERE are there more like you??????? Happy Anniversary!

Rebecca said...

I hate to make you all jealous, but I DO have the best man around. He's simply an awesome friend, husband, and father. But to be honest I did have to kiss (and marry) a couple of frogs before I found prince charming. :-)

Oh, and yes Linda we're trying another romantic evening. ;-) Dad and Beth are watching the girls, and hopefull this time our wonderful evening won't end in tears or the emergency room!

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Wonderful!! I'm so glad you're having another go at it! And, yes, you have definitely found prince charming. I remember some of your frogs. haha! Love you!

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

By the way, I love that picture of you! It's such a good "Rebecca" picture. It just looks so much like "YOU". Does that make sense...?

Rebecca said...

Oh, yes it's a me pictute! It was taken at a beach in Hawaii when we were living large...and I was thinner and had my nails done! Ha ha!

Chris said...

AWWWWW ! Beautiful.