Saturday, March 14, 2009

25 Random Things

I was recently "tagged" on Facebook to post 25 random things about myself. It was surprisingly hard to come up with 25 random, but important, things about myself. It took me about 4 hours...off and on. So, since I put so much effort into it, I decided to post them here too. Here are 25 random things about me:

1. I have been to four continents.
2. I have lived in five states.
3. I now live in the house my dad grew up in – the same house where I spent many nights with my grandma and grandpa.
4. I love wine.
5. I think lobster is the most delicious food in the entire world.
6. There are only a few foods that I know of that I don’t like – black licorice, celery, blue cheese, and creamed herring.
7. I love to swing. Tony has put up swings in trees for me at two houses.
8. I love to go camping.
9. I’m not a night owl. I have a hard time staying awake past 10:30.
10. I’m an avid reader and love books of all sorts.
11. I’m very clumsy. I’ve been known to break bones trying to do things normal people can do without harming themselves.
12. My iPod has 4,797 songs on it, in 24 genres. But no rap music!
13. Cooking has become my new hobby.
14. I was once on a Bud Light billboard in Kansas City.
15. I’m very punctual and hate to be late anywhere. I also hate it when others are late.
16. I have four Pug dogs.
17. I love Coach bags.
18. I consider myself one of the most blessed people in the whole world. I have only in recent years begun to understand that God has led me to where I’m supposed to be.
19. Five years ago I would not have guessed that I was going to be a grandmother before the age of 40!
20. Five years ago I could never have imagined that I would have three daughters.
21. Five years ago I would never have imagined that I would be led to China and then Ethiopia to bring home my daughters.
22. My prayers at night include the biological mothers of my daughters – two women I think about a lot. They gave me the most precious of gifts.
23. I’m very proud of my son. I look at him sometimes and am just amazed that this grown man is my little boy. I love him beyond belief.
24. I’m married to the perfect husband and father. It took me a couple of tries to get it right, but I finally did! He makes every day of my life special.
25. I can’t imagine life without my sister and brother. I love them beyond measure. I also happen to think they’re two of the smartest people I know.

No comments: