Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thanks, My Friends!

OK, so I know that there are 8-year-old girls in Ethiopia (and the U.S. too for that matter) that can braid cornrows way better than I can. But...thanks to the encouragement I got from my friends who commented on my blog post, and a few other people that saw Ruby's hair today, I will keep practicing! And, of course, I was truly inspired by the look on Ruby's face when she looked in the mirror with a HUGE smile on her face and said, "Mamma you did it, you know how!"

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

P.S. I am so thankful for the gift that God has given me in all of my children. They are each and every one so very, very special.

2 comments:

Bennett said...

wow Rebecca you are getting better.....

They look really really good.

All you need are some beads or burettes on the ends.

LOL, I know one thing at a time!!!

Celeste

Rebecca said...

I know! I was reading today about the technique for adding beads to the ends. I have to go buy some. I did have some small barrettes that I put on the ends after I took the pictures.