Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our new appliances...

OK, I know this sounds really cheap, but hey if the shoe fits...

The girls love playing with the toy range and fridge at church, and I would love to buy them a toy kitchen. However, we don't really have the space. AND, have you seen the price tags on some of this stuff? Anyhow, this morning we made a toy range and refrigerator out of boxes. We used construction paper and markers and even some small spools (from thread) for the handles on the doors. They've been happily entertained all morning!

Best part...if they get in the way or the kids quit playing with them, I can just burn them! :-)

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Again, with the creativity! You are amazing. i just bought one of Craigslist. :)

Rebecca said...

You are so clever! You and Kristine....I'm telling you...Martha Stewart's the both of you!!
Hey, love the post from Tony to you...glad you, errr...didn't break anything. :)
And the pic of them sleeping...too precious.
But, the tricycle dream...really? I'm still giggling!!!

Calmil2 said...

Okay, so today I had to buy real appliances...a washer and dryer. Tons of money and not as fun as the cute appliances that you made. You are so creative!!! Harmony

Joy said...

Love it! and I am sure the kids loved helping you make it too!