Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back Home

Well, the girls and I are back home in Missouri now. We had absolutely the BEST vacation with my sister and her family. I got to spend a lot of time with my nephew, Isaiah. He's three years old, so all of the kids are close in age. We were on the go doing things with the kids every day, and it was awesome to see the girls experience so many "firsts." Ruby and Elizabeth went to the beach for the first time, all three girls took their first boat ride, they went to the children's science center one day, the zoo one day, and got their face painted for the first time.

The best part of all? My sister and I were together. I can't imagine life without my sister, and I couldn't help looking at my girls and thinking about their lives as sisters when they are grown up and have families someday. My wish for them is that they will experience what I have with my sis.
Me and my sister, Laura.
Laura's husband, Derrick, with all the kids. What a great uncle! He took two days off work to go to the beach and the zoo with us.
Laura and I with all the kids.
My nephew, Isaiah. Could he be any cuter?
Nora's face painting.
Elizabeth's face painting.
Ruby's face painting.
Kennde, my sister's friend (and mine too now), braided Ruby's hair.

5 comments:

Bennett said...

wow, look at Ruby's hair. Looks like you guys had lots of fun w/all the face painting and the pics at the beach.... I can't wait. Heard today that my girls are pending a court date, so that means they have been filed!!! I will keep you posted.

Lori S said...

I love the face painting--wow!
I'm jealous you got to go to the beach--that looks like so much fun!
I also love Ruby's hair! I need to braid Diborah's tomorrow. I need to go back and look at that picture again for an idea!

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. LOVE the girls face painting. And I know what you mean about sisters. Even though my sister and I are opposites, I love her to death and don't know that I'd do without her in my life

Anonymous said...

So cool that you guys had such a wonderful vacation!!! It's neat that the cousins are all close in age to each other...makes for neat memories together!

Terrific pictures!!!

Kristine said...

You look exactly like your sis!
And what face paint! wow I have never seen any like that before. Glad you had a good time :)