Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thanksgiving in October

I know we're still one holiday away from Thanksgiving, but today I just feel like giving thanks. I know you've all heard before what a wonderful husband and father Tony is, but it's days like today that make me even more aware of how blessed I am. I am so thankful that God led me to Tony. Here's what my day was like...

Got up at 7:00 (even though Tony was up at 6:00), waited as the girls trickled one-by-one into bed with me to snuggle for a while, fed the kids breakfast, said goodbye to Tony as he headed off to work, got everyone dressed, did their hair, got myself ready to go, packed a picnic lunch, and headed to the zoo! It was an absolutely perfect Kansas City fall day with a high in the mid 70s. The leaves are changing colors, the girls were all happy and sweet, skipping and holding hands. We rode the train and the carousel. Nobody peed their pants or threw up in my van. Pa came along with us, which the girls loved

And Tony...worked. He sent me a text message saying how much he wished he could be at the zoo with us. He called later in the day to see if we had fun and made it home safely. He works so hard so that the girls and I can have the joy of being together all day. I know a lot of moms who would love to be able to stay home with their children, but it's just not easy to do these days. And I feel thankful. I'm so thankful that I am at this exact place at this time in my life. It took such a long time to get here.

And after working all day, Tony came home and carved pumpkins with us. :-) Here are a few cute pics.



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

All that AND he digs the guts out of the pumpkins? Yep, you've got a good one! :)