Sunday, October 19, 2008

At the Pumpkin Patch

This morning we got around early and headed out to Powell Pumpkin Patch -- 35 acres of pumpkins! The weather was beautiful, and the girls had a great time. We walked and walked until we found just the right pumpkins! Then the girls had the BEST time playing on these giant piles of hay. They would climb to the top and jump off into a soft pile at the bottom. No major injuries were suffered, just Ruby and Nora biting their tongues when they jumped and hit the ground. Even though we kept reminding them to keep their mouths closed when they jumped, I guess the tongue just naturally wants to come out when you're performing such a perfectly executed jump. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Isn't October the best month!?!?! :-)
but now that Sara has seen Ruby's hair I am condemned to do hers just like it later! :-P

Rebecca said...

Great pics...pumpkin time is the best! We're going to the pumpkin patch this week....I have a feeling it's not going to go very well. Walking into Safeway, Ava freaks when she sees the pumpkins. Seriously. Makes me giggle everytime...I am a bad mom!! :)

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Great slideshow. I had to laugh and whinse at the same time about your biting the tongue comment...ouch. And thanks for the comment about having to cut more grass!! I'll let Greg do that...heehee! Love ya!

ellerbee eight said...

Such cute pictures. I love Ruby's hair! We still need to cut our pumpkins. They are sitting on the front porch and the kids can't figure out why we're not eating them. Crazy Americans! BTW - I tagged you. We need 6 random things about you because I want to know more about you!