Saturday, June 6, 2009

Superman or Tonyman?

Tony always gets a lot done on the weekends, but today he has been SUPERMAN! Since I'm still in a drug-induced fog and my foot is killing me, he's on double duty. This is a short list of what all Tony has accomplished today:

  • Cut all the grass, and we have A LOT
  • Scooped up all the dog poo, and we have a LOT
  • Waited on me hand and foot, including bringing me ice for my foot, drinks, meds, propping me up, and getting me everything I need, including the hammock under the shade trees
  • Made breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all of us -- and did all the clean-up
  • Put air conditioners in the windows (our old house does not have central air so this is a pain-in-the-butt annual ritual)
  • Brought in kale from our garden
  • Played with the girls and took them out to ride their bikes

I'm sure I'm missing a few items that I didn't notice while I was laying prone on the sofa like a big, useless lump!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Woohoo...Go Tony! Bet he's gonna be glad to go back to work! :)
I've been wondering how you and your foot are doing!

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

You are so lucky to have a wonderful husband like Tony. Way to go, Tony. Thanks for taking care of my best friend and being such a great guy!!

Kristine said...

Awww, what a great guy. Personally I'd milk it as long as I could. :)Hope you are feeling better soon!