Friday, June 19, 2009

Harvest Time

I LOVE watching my girls eat -- especially now that we're getting vegetables from our garden. Yesterday then had fresh zucchini with lunch. Today they had greens (Swiss chard) and broccoli, all from our garden! And they get EXCITED about eating this stuff! How great is that? They ate their bowl of greens and asked for more greens instead of more grilled cheese sandwiches! We also have collard greens ready to harvest, which they really love. Ruby is especially excited about the corn and asking when it will be ready, because she remembers eating corn on the cob in Ethiopia. I'm so happy that my girls love to eat -- and that they love to eat good food!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

That is awesome!

TammyW said...

I just found your site. How wonderful and happy your family looks. I have a question? What's it like to live in Peculiar Missouri. My husband is being transferred to Overland Park Kansas and I'm looking at towns that are close to there were you can find affordable housing on acreage. Is Peculiar a pretty place. What are the people like? Thanks, Tammy

Rebecca said...

Hi Tammy! We live out in the country, and it's still pretty affordable to buy land out here. We have about 12 acres. I lived in Overland Park for about five years but like being out in the country now. And yes, people are really nice!