Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Father's World

After much deliberation, I've finally selected a homeschool curriculum. Beginning July 1st, Ruby and Nora will start kindergarten using My Father's World curriculum. You would not even believe how excited they are! I've had a few people tell me how much they like this particular program, so I hope it's great! I ordered it today, and assuming we like it, Elizabeth will use it next year also.

For now, Elizabeth will use the K-4 A Beka curriculum -- since I already have that one. My Father's World is a Christian-based homeschool curriculum, and it formulates lesson plans around Christian ideals, morals, and Bible verses. I'll also be using a book called "The Complete Daily Curriculum for Early Childhood," which has some great lesson plans as well. My sister gave me this book as a gift a few months ago, and it is great -- I will be able to use it for K-4 as well as kindergarten!

Today I also created my Daily Log Sheet and Lesson Plan Sheet in Microsoft Excel so that we will be compliant with the state of Missouri's record-keeping laws. Technically, I don't have to keep a log until they are seven years old, but I just think it will be good practice to start in kindergarten and learn as I go. Missouri is one of the best states to live in if you're a home-school family. I'm very grateful that we have the freedom to make this choice. I just hope I have the patience to follow through and be successful!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

You go girl! I wish I had the patience to homeschool. My sons school used the Abeka and it was awesome!

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Rebecca, I know you will be great at homeschooling the girls. You have so much patience and diligence. I know you will be a success and the girls will benefit greatly from it.