Friday, June 26, 2009

So Many Still Waiting

I just heard news today that some of my friends waiting to pass court for their Ethiopian adoptions failed...again. For some, this is the third attempt, and the Ethiopian courts continue to ask for some additional piece of paper -- and then assign another court date a moth or more out. Some families are adopting kids who were abandoned, and all of those cases are on "hold" until who-knows-when pending an investigation into a few orphanages. There are even families who got their children's referral around the same time we got ours -- and they continue to wait. Meanwhile, our kids have been home for 10 months. But what is even sadder, is the KIDS continue to wait. My heart just aches for so many of you who I know and love through your blogs and through emails. I will continue to say prayers for you and for the children in Ethiopia waiting to come home to you. Don't give up hope -- they need you so badly. And when you finally get them home -- when they walk in the door to their new home for the first time, the first night you tuck them into their bed, the first time you sit on the steps eating a popsicle with them -- it will all be worth it.

1 comment:

Tony said...

I am so lucky that I live with this beautiful woman :-)