Thursday, December 31, 2009

Kids Say the Funniest Things

I really have to start writing down some of this stuff! Here are a few of the comments I've heard just in the last day or two:

Nora while driving in the car: "I saw two cows eating with their heads close together."
Ruby: "Maybe they are true loves."
Nora: "Ruby, don't be silly. Cows don't have a true love."

Ruby to Elizabeth: "Elizabeth, why do you keep talking and talking and saying so many words?" Oh, that is such a good question.

Nora to me while spelling a word: "Mommy, you thought I was going to say "y" but I said the correct letter." How many 5-year-olds use the word "correct"?

Nora after a visit to see Mason, our new grandson: "Mommy, when I grow up and get big and everything I'm going to be pregnant." Again, how many 5-year-olds use the word "pregnant"?
Elizabeth, following the previous comment: "And then I'm going to tickle you."
Nora: "OK, but that's not what makes babies come out."

Nora: "Mommy, when baby Mason come over to my house he can't play with my guitar because he might bite all the strings off." He's only nine days old.

Nora: "Mommy, I can't remember what's that one animal called that lives in trees and eats leaves and is nocturnal like bats and owls?" Again, 5-years old (she was trying to think of a koala)...

Me: "Nora, you're saying your "s" sounds really well."
Nora: "I know, Mommy. I persevered." It's so funny to hear the word persevere come out of her cute little mouth.

No comments: