Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gathering Wood and Music with Family

This has been a very relaxing day! We started the day today helping Daddy with loading and stacking wood. This is one of the girls' favorite outdoor activities. And they actually are a lot of help! It was a cold, sunny, beautiful day. After we cut and loaded wood, we unloaded at home and Tony split the wood and we helped him by stacking it. It's a lot of work, but it feels so good when you're finished and have a big stack of firewood!

Then we ended the day listening to my dad and step-mom and their friends play music. Those of you have known me for a long time know that I grew up like this. My mom and dad had a band for as long as I can remember, and I grew up hanging around jam sessions, practices, and performances at parties. These days they don't play music professionally as much (but still some), but it's still so much fun to listen to them. Ruby, Nora, and Elizabeth absolutely love listening to them too!

These are the days of our lives! I wouldn't trade them for anything!

2 comments:

Family colors said...

very cool!

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Sounds like a great day. Of all the years I've known you I've never heard your dad play except for banging around on the piano a little bit. Would love to hear him and your step-mom someday. Love you and have a wonderful Christmas!!