Monday, January 4, 2010

Staying Warm, Thanks to Tony

Saturday was cold, really cold -- as in 10 degrees for a high. It was one of those days when you just want to pile on some blankets and read a book. Unfortunately, I needed to hit up two grocery stores for their "1-day sales." I was dreading it and procrastinating all morning and through lunch, but I like to stock up on meat and other necessary items when these great sales are happening.

Then, my awesome hubby said, "Hey, I'll go for you if you want me to. I thought maybe you were looking forward to getting out without the kids." Um, not so much. Usually I would relish the hour or two of alone time to do my grocery shopping, but did I mention how cold it was? So my darling husband, who works so hard to provide for us every day of the week and really deserves to NOT do household chores, took Ruby and went to two grocery stores and got everything on my list while I put the other two girls down for a nap and read a book. How many husbands would do THAT? And all he said is, "I like doing things for you, honey."

Have I mentioned how lucky I am and what an amazing husband I have?

No comments: