Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Derrek

As my son embarks on his life with his wife and baby son, I can't help but think of the days when he was a tiny baby. This picture of me dancing with Derrek at his wedding will always be one of my favorite pictures.
You know how you watch your little baby's fingers wrap around one of your own? I've been watching that with Derrek and Samantha's son -- my amazing, little grandson. But baby boys grow and change and turn into men. My son has turned into a man I'm so very proud of. I look at this picture -- one of my forever favorites -- and I see his very large hand in my small hand (what a change from when he was a baby), and I see our eyes locked together, and I know we share a bond that will never be broken. There is something very special between a mother and a son. I love Derrek so much, and it's such a gift to watch him with his newborn son.

No comments: