Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday

My Wednesday:

Shucked, blanched, and froze 75 years of corn.
Picked, snapped, blanched, and froze three quarts of green beans.
Taught my girls math, language arts, science, and Bible for 3 1/2 hours.
Fed my family breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Bathed four dogs.
Bathed three kids.
Washed three loads of laundry.
Cleaned the litter box...twice.
Filled and emptied the dishwasher.
Completed all the paperwork to file for our Missouri adoption tax credit.
Made vision screening appointments for all three girls.
Completed the August budget for our household.

If anyone asks me if I "work" today I might just stomp on their foot!

4 comments:

Family colors said...

you make me feel VERY lazy

Lisa Bates said...

I'll help you stomp on their feet!

Leppard said...

I smiled as I read this. It is a good poem of a busy life.

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Oh, this is so good! I'm cracking up. People have no idea what stay-at-home moms do. Before I went back to work, when I was home with the boys, I remember making a list one day because Greg couldn't seem to understand what I did all day and how it could be so draining. I filled up 1 1/2 pages of regular size notebook paper SINGLE SPACED!! ha!