Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ethiopian okra?

I'm starting to think just about anything tastes better with Ethiopian seasonings! I've had a lot of extra okra from my garden lately, so I'm trying to be creative about how to use it. Well, today I sauteed okra and onions in niter kibbeh (Ethiopian spiced butter), and then I sprinkled berbere on it as it cooked. It was awesome!


I've also discovered that all three of the girls love berbere on their scrambled eggs and on their black beans and rice! Mmmmmmm.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Uh, yeah....not a real big fan of Okra, but I do have to say...that looks REALLY yummy!!
Noras glasses are just stinkin' cute!!
I'm so sorry about Jack. Autumn is coming on for two of my babies and I can't bear to think of it. Hugs.

Rebecca said...

I just read my post and sheez...what a bunch of rambling! Sorry...I've been a bad blogger for awhile and am just now catching up!! But, hey...you expect it from me, right?!?

Lisa Bates said...

That rocks!