Monday, August 10, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Jack

Jack has been by my side for almost 12 years, and he has seen me through many things in my life. Now I'm seeing him through his final days. He has been having many health issues, and when I took him to the vet, yet again, last weekend, we were faced with the decision I have been fearing. I was not ready to make that decision yet, so I brought Jack home. This is our last week with my long-time buddy and faithful companion. I'm posting this now, because I know I will not be in any shape to write about it this weekend. Saturday morning we go back to the vet, and we will let Jack go.I know that my many dog-loving friends understand how hard Saturday will be for me. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

This picture was taken yesterday...

About six years ago...

The whole gang about five years ago...

My buddy...

4 comments:

Calmil2 said...

I am so sorry. Losing a pet is losing a friend and hurts so much. What a gift to know you have this week with him. Take care of yourself on Saturday.
Harmony

A brief bio: said...

I am sorry for the loss of Jack. It is so terribly hard when a pet dies. Crystal

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Oh no, Rebecca. I am so sorry. I've known Jack since you got him. Remember when I dogsat when he was just a little puppy. He was always so cute. I remember when he used to lick your other dog's ears (I can't remember his name now). I know what you're going through. I keep thinking about that with Brandy since she's 14 now and not getting around very good. I hope I come home some day and she's already passed away. It would be so much easier than having to decide to put her to sleep. I'm so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. I will call you tomorrow. I wish I could be there with you. Love you!

Lisa said...

I have not been able to be on the computer much lately and when I read about Jack, my eyes started filling up with tears....I am so very sorry Becky...so sorry...it is an absolute beautiful gravesite that you made him. Gabby is a family member as I know Jack was too.