Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Random Thoughts

Before we adopted our kids, I would find myself wondering what made this or that couple decide to adopt -- not in a negative way, but just curiosity. Now that I'm an adoptive parent, I rarely even give it a thought. When I meet families who have adopted I don't even wonder how or why they decided to adopt. Why is that? It just seems like such a logical and "regular" decision to make now!

So why, when I was filling out the patient sheet at our pediatric dentist this morning, did I have to answer yes or no to "Is your child adopted?" Is that really an appropriate question for a dentist to ask?

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I am adopted and I have always assumed they needed to ask that question to know if you knew your family's medical history. Things that run genetically, etc. I loved the idea that I was adopted....it made me feel special. It never bothered me to tell anyone I was adopted. I'm sure that is how your daughters feel.