Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Quiet of My House

I haven't done a "my husband is wonderful" post in a while, and he really deserves this one! By the way, he really is wonderful all the time -- I just try not to brag too much. :-)

Since he's had a few days off work around the holidays, Tony has been giving me some much-needed breaks. Right now he's gone to get his hair cut (by our daughter-in-law at the salon where she works) and he took all three girls with him. Brave man, huh? Yesterday he went out to get me some cold medicine (came down with a cold on Christmas day), and he took all three girls with him. He made Christmas dinner, dinner again last night, and breakfast today! Last night he got everyone's teeth brushed, read stories and tucked them in bed. Oh, and yesterday when I wasn't feeling good he took care of things in the morning so I could sleep a little longer. (Did I mention that last night he was exhausted and commented on what a hard job I have?)

Of course, the girls love having daddy take care of them and do things with them. He said yesterday when he was in CVS they just followed him around in a little line, calling out daddy this and daddy that. Naturally he gets a lot of looks when he's out with them. I know I get a lot of people staring at us, so I can just imagine. It makes me smile to imagine him corralling them all in and out of the mini-van and through stores. He's such a good daddy, and he's such a great husband.

3 comments:

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

What a great guy you are, Tony. You're a pretty lucky lady. But, I think Tony's pretty lucky, too. Hope you're feeling better.

Kristine said...

Awwww!

Rebecca said...

He sounds like such a nice guy...I can't wait to meet all of you someday. I'm grinning thinking of him taking the girls to the store with him...