Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Awesome Mother-In-Law (Post Gone Missing)

It was just brought to my attention that one of my posts has gone missing! During Thanksgiving week I posted about how wonderful my mother-in-law is and what a great guest she is. Where did the post go? I don't know! So, here's a recap...

I just love my mom-in-law. She visited us for a week over Thanksgiving, and we had such a great time with her. Some of you might be thinking, "Yeah, right. Mother-in-law at your house for a week is a good time?" Heh heh heh. Well, she is simply a great guest and a joy to have around.

Here's what makes her such a great guest, just in case anyone wants to take notes (just kidding I'm sure you're all wonderful guests). She is helpful, but not overly helpful. As in...she's not cleaning everything while commenting on all the dust in my house. She's easy to chat with, but doesn't feel the need to chat all the time. Sometimes she enjoys just sitting and reading in the same room as the girls and watching them play out of one eye. She goes along with whatever we're doing for the day, and if for some reason she's not up for it she just says so. The list could go on and on.

I know it's hard for her to travel so far; changing flights and layovers take their toll on anyone regardless of age. But still she has made the trip from Massachusetts three years in a row and stayed for about a week each time. Thanks Mom! We love you, and we love your visits.

2 comments:

The Wilkinson's said...

That is a sweet post! I am blessed to have two cool Mother-In-Laws!

I'm leaving a message to tell you that I Bookworm Tagged you. It is reaaaaaallly easy. Just check my blog to see what it entails. Nothing like the 6 things about yourself thing! If you don't want to do it I will completely understand.
Jaclyn

Rebecca said...

I simply cannot believe that you posted this AGAIN!!! Simply cannot believe it! Maybe we could trade MIL's for a while??? I promise that I'll give her back (okay, maybe not promise)
P.S. I love that pic of the girls catching snow on their tongues. I can't wait for it to snow here! Of course, Ava will probably be afraid of it....remember the pumpkins? Snicker, snort.