Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wedding pictures!

Yesterday we went over to Derrek and Samantha's apartment to have pizza and look at the wedding pictures. I wish I could sum up all the emotions I feel looking at these pictures. I can't -- by a long stretch -- but here's a try...

Pride in my son who is all grown up -- his heart and just who he turned out to be, happiness in the awesome decision he made in choosing Samantha, melancholy for the years of his life that I loved and wish I could have back again for just a few minutes, gratitude for the years of his life that were very hard and I am so thankful he got through safely and whole, thankfulness that he loves me even though I was so much less than perfect as a mother, and basically just total and complete love for my son.


No comments: