Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chinese Moon Festival

We took the girls to a Chinese Moon Festival yesterday at Antioch park. It was hosted by a group called Families Blessed with the World's Children. It's a large group of families, and most of them have Chinese children. But there were a few adopted kids from other countries there as well -- even one from Ethiopia! The girls had a great time eating, playing, and decorating their own Chinese lanterns. Then all the kids took their lighted lanterns on a parade around the park. And wouldn't you know it -- I forgot the camera! That's not like me at all! I wish I had a picture of them parading through the park with all the other adorable kids. It was so cute.

P.S. I had to take the Chinese lanterns away from them this morning and hang them up high in their room. They were using them like those large punching balloons!

No comments: