Friday, August 22, 2008

Ruby takes pouting to the next level...

Geez! So here's the current drama...

Ruby fell down and hurt herself...slightly (all she did was trip and land on a toy on the carpeted floor). When she hurts herself she is NOT tough. She cries like a two-year-old. I comforted her and held her and kissed her boo boo, and she just wouldn't quit howling. So I held her hand and walked her to a quiet place to sit down. Then I went to look in on the other girls. Now she's quit crying but has been pouting for about 30 minutes. I'm pretty sure the pout is due to the fact that I didn't keep on and on babying her. She even refused a fruit gummy when the other girls were having one, which is not like her at all -- she just gave me the shoulder shrug and turned her head.

Maybe by lunch time she'll be ready to join in the play time again!

5 comments:

SisterMom said...

THAT SOUNDS FAMILIAR!! Now that is the pouts that make me the craziest!!! We had a doozy yesterday tat lasted hours and hours.
Good luck with that!!

Rebecca said...

Oh man, hours and hours! Do they pout longer the older they are? Ruby's pout lasted about one hour and then she saw that it wasn't getting her anywhere and she gave up!

SisterMom said...

Anteneh/Jackson once pouted for 2 full days!!! He wouldn't even eat!!! For 2 days!!

Rebecca said...

How the heck can a kid pout for that long? These kids are very spoiled! Nobody could ever say they weren't loved and cared for! And P.S. I like the name Jackson. He picked it right?

SisterMom said...

Yep--I wanted Grayson-like Grace's son! Clever right?? Nope he heard Jackson somewhere and is sticking to his guns. Introduced himself at his school open house as Jackson, so I guess there is no turning back.
He is a very dedicated master of the pout, honestly 2 days no food and wouldn't say a word to us!!!
Very very spoiled!