Sunday, August 17, 2008

Our daughters are home!

Hi everyone! We got home last night, and we're all doing great. Nora, Ruby Nigate, and Elizabeth Amsalu are quite the trio! They're having fun together, and the adjustment is going well so far. It is so beautiful to watch them all playing together. We are so amazingly blessed.

Thanks to all the family and friends who were praying hard for us to travel home as planned. When we got to Hope to get the girls, Genanew (he runs things at the orphanage) informed us that because of a paperwork problem the earliest we could leave Ethiopia was a week later than planned. To make a very long story short, the staff there was able to pull off a near-miracle and get the girls' paperwork in order in very short time.

Ruby Nigate was really sick while we were in Ethiopia, but she's feeling better and will be going to the doctor tomorrow. They are such amazing little girls! Here are a few pics, and I'll post more later. I MUST take a nap for an hour while they're sleeping or I think I'm going to fall over!

6 comments:

SisterMom said...

I am so happy for you!!! I can't wait to catch up and hear all about your trip.

ellerbee eight said...

They look absolutely adorable! I love the picture of the upside down sunglasses! They look so happy and Nora looks thrilled to have her sisters home. I'm so happy for you! Get some sleep and enjoy the high.

Carole said...

Congratulations on your newly-expanded family! I cannot wait to see even more pictures and hear how life has expanded for you guys.

A brief bio: said...

What an adorable trio!!! Crystal

Rebecca said...

They are all so beautiful...just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for your guys!!!! Love the pics! :-)
I'll email you later. We just got back from the pool and the girls have me exhausted! but you know how that is, don't you! LOL