Saturday, August 2, 2008

One week from now we'll be on an Ethiopian Airlines jet!

I can't believe we're going to get our girls in just ONE WEEK! Lately I have been daydreaming about what their voices will sound like. Will they have sweet, soft voices, or will they be loud and boisterous (like Nora)? I can't wait to find out!

Today, Tony and I enjoyed an afternoon date (babysitting courtesy of Granny and Pa). We went to the Bodies exhibit at Union Station and then had coffee and walked around a lot. It was my dad's idea that they give us a few hours out alone since a) this is our last weekend before we travel and b) we won't get to be alone again for quite a while after we bring home the girls!

It was nice to enjoy some adult conversation without any 4-year-old interruptions. But, of course, I was ready to go get Nora by the time we were done!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay, yay, yay!!! I am so excited for you! One week....it will be here before you know it!! Oh, and sorry...I think you better prepare for loud...

SisterMom said...

LOUD!!!! I think all of our Ethiopian princess's are loud, bossy, stubborn......

Rebecca said...

Loud, bossy, and stubborn will fit right in with Nora! She fits that description perfectly! And I say that affectionately. :-)

Lisa said...

Hey Rebecca~
It is strange as it gets closer and closer to leave??!! Well, you are on the final countdown! We (Chris M., Nikko, and I) arrive the morning of the 17th. Maybe we will cross paths??? Well, happy packing and planning!!

Amy said...

Oh yes, Ethiopian princess=LOUD. But its the best kind of loud you could possibly ask for!:) Looking forward to following your journey!

Godspeed to you!