Monday, August 18, 2008

First trip to the store with three kids!

Whew! I'm exhausted! We went to Wal-Mart Super Center this morning for groceries and stuff. Ruby and Elizabeth were in awe of everything -- especially Ruby. They got to pick out a new toy. Ruby kept putting everything she saw in the cart, and not just toys but food, paper plates, you name it! I'm worn out so I'd better go take a nap while they are napping.

Oh, and I didn't mention that they totally have the Ethiopian kid shoulder shrug and pout down to a tee! These kids know how to pout. And Elizabeth Amsalu is VERY spoiled! She knows how to throw a major fit. :-)

More later...

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you're home! I cannot believe that you went to Walmart with all of them so soon!! You are a brave woman...my new hero!! I have a hard time in Walmart with just Ava and my dad!!

Rebecca said...

Hey Mrs. Brutto! I'm not brave, I was just HUNGRY and needed groceries (plus we're going thru a lot of toilet paper)! It had to be done! :-) Rebecca

SisterMom said...

Ahhh, I am so glad you have the infamous shoulder shrug pout. Isn't it cute for about 5 minutes?
It really must be seen to be appreciated, don't you think??

Rebecca said...

Oh yeah Grace! And the pout can last a loooonnnnggg time! But the pout is better than the fits that Amsalu can throw. I'm talking about throwing herself down and screaming if someone takes her toy or she can't have something. :-) Rebecca

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Oh, you ARE brave. It took me forever to take the boys with me to the grocery store or Walmart. And the pouting thing isn't fun. Either with girls OR boys... All I can say is NIP it NOW!! ha

ellerbee eight said...

Wow... major fits already? That means you are just getting it all out of the way early... Congratulations! WalMart with any number of child can drive me to tears or a panic attack or both. I feel your pain. Can't wait to hear more!