Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Daddy, my mommy real beautiful."

What a wonderful day! Today was very hot (about 98 degrees), and I took Nora to the local municipal swimming pool.

I have really been trying to live in the moment as we count down these last few days until we travel to bring Negate and Amsalu home. These are our last few -- and precious -- days with Nora alone. It is going to be wonderful for for all of us when we have Negate and Amsalu home with us, but someday we will look back on this time with just Nora and remember it as a very special time. And as much as I want it to just hurry up and be Saturday so we can go get on that airplane to Ethiopia, I also want to savor the anticipation.

So...I say a prayer for our Ethiopian girls every morning and every night, and I eagerly anticipate seeing their beautiful faces on Monday...and I thank God for so many amazing blessings. I can't imagine what I have done to deserve all that I have been given.

Tonight, as we were eating dinner, Nora looked directly at Daddy and whispered quietly (as if I wouldn't hear), "Daddy, my mommy real beautiful." Wow, could it get any better than that?

No comments: