Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Washing feet and other outdoor fun!

Last Sunday in Children's Church, the girls learned about how Jesus showed his love and humility by washing his disciples' feet. It's a lesson about selfless service to others, and at the end of the lesson their Sunday School teacher washed their hands. (Ruby informed me that she washed their hands and not their feet because they had socks on.)

Fast-forward to today. I took the girls on a little hike down into the woods behind our house and let them play in the creek. After walking and throwing rocks for a while, they decided to have Elizabeth sit on a log so they could wash her feet like Jesus did with his disciples. I was so glad I had brought my camera along!


Then Pa (my dad) caught up to us in the woods. Pa is always lots of fun!

Then, they turned rocks over until they found some worms to hold.


And then we came home and they ran through the sprinkler in their already wet and muddy clothes!

4 comments:

Calmil2 said...

Look at those gorgeous braids!!! Nice work :)
Harmony

Rebecca said...

Thanks Harmony! I'm feeling MUCH better about my braiding skills now, although I know I can still improve. In these pics, Elizabeth's braids have been in for four days and still look good. Ruby's have only been in two days. It feels good to know I can braid their hair, and it makes them soooo happy!

Bennett said...

I love the creek pics w/the insects in the hand!!! LOL

really cute

Kresha said...

those braids are looking good, they are such beautiful girls, i can't wait to bring mine home!