Thursday, April 2, 2009

No panties?

I just got through laughing -- at myself -- so hard that I had tears coming out of my eyes!

Today is Elizabeth's birthday. This morning I gave all the girls their shower and fixed their hair and gave them each a new dress to wear today. They were so excited! Then my son and his wife came over and ate lunch with us since they'll be working tonight and unable to come to the birthday party. We had a great time; Elizabeth got to sit on everyone's lap, we all sprawled out on the living room floor and did jigsaw puzzles...well, you get the idea.

About ten minutes after Derrek and Samantha left, Ruby came to me and said, "Mommy, ummm, I think you missed something. Elizabeth doesn't have on any panties." She was RIGHT! The entire morning and half of the afternoon I had a kid running around in a dress with no panties! And she never said a word about it!

Oh my gosh, I'm still laughing. Here's the birthday girl in her new dress. I took the picture this morning. I'll never be able to look at it again without remembering she wasn't wearing any panties!

7 comments:

Calmil2 said...

Oh my goodness, I am laughing too! She looks so cute. Happy Birthday!

Lori S said...

That's hilarious!

I love the dress! Sounds like it's going to be a red letter day!

MommyBrec said...

I am laughing my HEAD off! Being a Mom is SOOOO FUNNY! You never know what crazy thing is going on right under your nose!

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Oh My GOSH!!! I'm cracking up!!! I've done similar things with the boys (no underwear...2 pairs of underwear...) but it's not as cute as the girls...ha! You're too funny, girl!

Kristine said...

Details, details!
She looks super cute anyway!:)

Kresha said...

how funny

Chris said...

OMG I am laughing so hard!!!! That is a great mommy story for sure!! Sounds like the birthday girl was having too much of a good time to even notice!