Saturday, April 25, 2009

Golf or Guns?

Tony was an avid golfer when I met him -- and a GREAT golfer! I think part of the reason he was (and still is) so good is that he never took himself too seriously. He enjoyed being outdoors, talking to other golfers, and playing a good round. But he never got too uptight about the game. And he was great!

So...we left Florida and moved to Missouri. Now, there's plenty of great golfing in Missouri, but Tony decided on a new sport -- he was going going to learn to hunt! How many people decide to "take up" hunting in middle age? Seems like most people who hunt just grow up hunting. This is one of the things I adore about Tony. He never feels limited -- if he wants to do it he will do it! So today, Tony bagged his first turkey! In November he got his first deer! He just decided he would do this, and he DID!

I wish I could be more like Tony. He's an incredible person in a hundred ways, but one of the things I most love about him is his self-confidence. He tells me sometimes that he doesn't like to think about things in terms of age because it is self-limiting. I really need to take a lesson from him! His confidence and determination inspire me every day. Here's a picture of Tony with his first turkey (and a picture of the girls with their morbid curiosity)!

No comments: