Thursday, July 10, 2008

Siblings and Our Court Date

We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. Proverbs 16:9 (New Living Translation)

I sure hope the Lord determines that the next step in our adoption is passing court tomorrow! Seriously though, I have come to believe that everything happens for a reason and in God's own time. My perspective on life and on God has changed so much over the past couple of years. The change is a direct result of seeing how many times I have NOT gotten what I wanted (or thought I wanted at the time), or had to deal with something I didn't want to happen, only to have it revealed to me later that something great would come as a direct result!

I have been absolutely showered with so many awesome blessings in my life. Today my brother and sister have been on my mind a LOT! I am so lucky to have each of them, and I love them so completely and with all my heart. My brother is younger, but always seems to play the "big brother" role by taking care of me and watching out for me. He is kind, smart, hard-working, and such a great man and father. My sister is...well, she's a sister. And that pretty much says everything. She's my best friend and my biggest supporter, a great mom, and a smart career-woman. I can't imagine life without my siblings. I can only wish the same for my kids...all four and hopefully soon-to-be six of them!

Rebecca

No comments: