Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Enjoying time with Nora!

While we prepare for and dream about bringing Ruby Negate and Elizabeth Amsalu home, we are also enjoying this precious time we have with Nora. In many ways, Nora has led us to Ruby and Elizabeth. Nora's love for us, and ours for her, have been such an amazing miracle in our lives. Her capacity for love, her vivaciousness, and her determination have truly been an inspiration. This beautiful little girl has gone through so much in the past year -- losing ties to her culture and caregivers, learning a new language, adjusting to new routines, foods, and a family, and dealing with blood work and tests regularly for her health. And through it all, she has blossomed into a brilliant little light in our lives. She is charming, funny, smart, and sometimes very stubborn! I'm so thankful for Nora.

Here are a few cute photos I took this morning, and they totally capture her personality. The one with the map cracks me up -- it's a map of Persia from the National Geographic magazine and she was "teaching" her animals. Then she started trying on hats and headbands and laughing at herself. :-)


1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh she is too cute!! Your children are so blessed and you are blessed as well. Tell me do you know anything about how they came to hope. I am really searching right now. email me if you can I would like to talk to you. kimmybee6@gmail.com
Thanks for your comment on my blog! Nettie is a cool little cat.