Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Hope Friends

Today, my heart and prayers go out to my friends adopting through Hope Adoption Agency. Four families had court dates today, and all four of them did not pass and are rescheduled until July 18. Nobody knows what the problem was, but since nobody made it through, it was likely a power outage or new documentation requirement or some such thing.

Unless you've traveled this amazing and often stressful adoption road, you can't imagine what it's like counting down the days until your court date...knowing you could get "the call" and that child (or children) could officially be yours. And having to wait another sixteen days and count down to the big day again can just about send you over the edge. My heart aches for these families, and at the same time, I know it could easily be us in about a week and a half. If we don't pass court on July 11, we may not have time to get another court date before the courts close for the rainy season, which lasts about two months. That means our girls would be there until the end of the year.

I know it's important to have faith that God will bring our children home to all of us in His own time frame. I just hope he intends for it to be sooner instead of later! I will keep praying for my Hope friends and for us to pass court and bring our kids into our family where we can love them, nurture them, and hold them.

No comments: