Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ethiopia Orphanage Donations

The Hope orphanage in Ethiopia (where our girls are living) has so many children right now, and they have a hard time getting all the supplies they need. Sometimes it's not just a matter of having the cash (birr) to buy things, but many items are just really difficult to purchase there. So I thought I would post this list of items they are in need of. If anyone would like to make a donation of any of the items, we will take them with us to Ethiopia and give them to the orphanage. If you'd like to donate but don't want to ship things, please email me and let me know. I will do the shopping for you. Any donation is helpful -- it doesn't have to be large. Even one bottle of children's Tylenol or one tube of diaper rash cream is a great donation.

  • Diaper wipes, disposable diapers, diaper rash cream
  • Cloth diapers, diaper pins, diaper covers, training pants
  • Sheets and blankets for cribs and older kids' beds
  • Baby bottles, bottle washers, pacifiers
  • Sippy cups and children's utensils
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Baby lotion and good quality lotion for caregivers' hands (they get dry from washing so much)
  • Children's and Infant's Tylenol or Motrin
  • Shoes and clothes for all ages, but especially older kids --shoes are desperately needed
  • School supplies
  • Girls' hair accessories
  • Books for children (Grace said the older kids love books in English and read her the same one 10 times)

4 comments:

SisterMom said...

What an amazing list--whoever complied it??

Rebecca said...

Grace, you're cracking me up! :-) It IS a good list. I'm planning on taking some of the stuff myself. Rebecca

Lisa said...

Wow that list IS amazing!! This Grace girl must be a GENIOUS,, I hope I can meet her one day :-)

Rebecca said...

Yeah, I THINK she's a real person. I've talked to her on the phone plenty. ;-)