Monday, July 7, 2008

Is Goldilocks fat?

The mind of a child is truly an amazing thing! But never underestimate the conclusions kids can draw on their own!

Nora has heard the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears several times. Pa (grandpa) tells her various versions of it, and for months she's tried to mimic the voice of Papa Bear. Her English has only just recently improved enough for her to "tell" the whole story. This afternoon she amazed me by telling me the whole story, and she even used a different voice for Mama Bear and Baby Bear (and whispered parts of the story for dramatic effect). She went through the soup, the chairs, and the beds. I was cracking up!

But here's the really hysterical part... She never called Goldilocks by her name, just "fat girl." She determined in her own little mind that since Goldilocks sat in Baby Bear's chair and broke it then she must be too fat! How funny is that? So as she was telling me the story she would say things like "fat girl in Papa Bear's bed" etc. At the end she said "THE END" very loudly and with a really proud smile on her face and then clapped her hands!

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE my job as a stay-at-home mom? Thanks Tony! :-)

Rebecca

No comments: