Saturday, January 30, 2010

Only six years?

Usually you hear people make jokes like, "Wow, we've only been married for six years? It feels like ten." Well, joking aside, it really does feel like it has been a lot longer than six years since we got married. Six short years ago today we were going to sleep knowing we would wake up tomorrow and get married. That was the very best decision I've ever made. Our lives have been filled with about twenty years worth of experiences and adventures since that day! Tony knows what I mean.

When we got married on January 31, 2004, I had no idea how our marriage would lead us to make decisi0ns that would change the course of our lives forever. I had no idea of the paths we would travel and the memories we would make with our sons. I had no idea that we would become grandparents -- twice -- during the first six years of our marriage. Or that we would twice live apart for a few months for the sake of our family and future. And I had no idea that we would become the parents of three very special daughters. It's really hard to imagine what the next years hold for us. I've learned not to guess. Life is a journey, and it's a journey with so many winding roads. I wouldn't have it any other way. I am thankful every day that God brought Tony and I together. I only wish it would have been 20 years ago, but then I guess we wouldn't have been the same people we were when we met.

Happy sixth anniversary Honey. You are so very, very loved.

1 comment:

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

Happy Anniversary, you two. We love you guys and are very happy for you. You certainly have had a "full" 6 years. Love ya!