Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sock Sermon

Is it wrong to expect four and five-year-old kids to put their socks in the wash right-side-out? Am I over the top? One the of the things I love about summer time is the lack of socks in my laundry basket! Now it's the beginning of "sock season" here in the Midwest, and I just finished Preaching my sock sermon. I really, really dislike turning all of those socks right-side-out when I do the laundry. Just think...3 little girls times 2 feet times 7 days equals 42 socks per week!

P.S. I will admit it's not ALL about the numbers. I also made my son turn his socks the right way when he was little, and he was an only child at the time.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Can you come give it to my husband too??

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

OH, I SO understand and am right there with ya. I have the exact number of socks because I have to turn Greg's right-side out, too!!! I've preached and preached but they still forget. I even have to get on them to turn pants and shirts right-side out. Oh well, I have faith that someday they'll get it. Maybe not until they're doing the laundrey themselves and see what a pain in the A__ it is to turn everything right-side out. haha!