Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Samantha is THE BEST!

Last Friday, Halloween, I woke up sick as a dog. (Where did that analogy come from anyway?) I couldn't even keep water down. I was having a really hard time managing three kids when I could barely even stand on my feet.

It was 10:45 in the morning and I was getting by and starting to think about how I was going to face getting lunch on the table when it involved a) looking at food and b) standing upright for more than 60 seconds.

Then I got a text message from my daughter-in-law, Samantha, saying "Happy Halloween. Hope you're having a great day." Well, clearly I was NOT, and I messaged her back saying I was really sick. So she messaged me right back and said "Would it be good if I come and get the girls and take them to McDonalds and they can play and eat?"

Would it be good? Oh my gosh, I was so happy I started crying, which really confused the girls. So now mommy is sick and crying too? Samantha is a hair stylist and Friday happened to be her day off. So my new daughter-in-law, who is 21 and has no kids (but is really good with kids), used her day off to drive 25 minutes to my house, loaded all three of the girls into my van and drove them to McDonalds (another 15 minutes away) to eat lunch, and then took them all to the park to play. AND when they came home they had all made get-well-mommy cards for me. She took paper and markers to the park for this little project.

I am just amazed that Samantha did this for me. I already knew she was awesome, but this just completely blew me away! Thanks Sam!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like Samantha too! The girls must think that she is so cool.

Linda Story Runnebaum said...

That is wonderful, Rebecca. I've been there sick trying to take care of 2 little boys. It is NOT fun and you wonder how you're going to do it. That really shows Samantha's real character. You're a lucky mother-in-law. Gosh, that sounds so funny to say... mother-in-law, grandma...heehee! Love ya!